I have had a couple very impromptu days. Always starting out a bit rubbish, but ending on high notes thanks to chance meetings with friends and excellent conversations. Today was doubly sweet as I got back two marks, which made me quite happy and provided a much needed confidence boost that was lacking recently in my studies.
So due to the fact that I didn’t get any sleep this weekend because of my neighbour and the marathon sex (its true, there is nothing worst than having to listen to that when you are alone), I have taken a dare and done a 100 Things About Me post.
I have never done one of these lists mainly because I didn’t think I could come up with 100 things that could keep anyone’s attention. However, I decided to give the list a shot. Some I may have already mentioned, so consider it a refresher. You may fall asleep while reading. I tried to break it up with pictures. Because I care. ;)
100 Things About Me
1. I am terrified of escalators.
2. I dislike ketchup.
3. The first time I ever flew on a plane I was 16. I am getting better, but I usually have to take a sedative to fly.
4. I steal sweet n’ low from restaurants.
5. I have the most blasphemous mouth when I am knitting.
6. In my first year away from home, I chopped off my long blond locks, dyed my hair pink and got my nose pierced.
7. I got my first tattoo when I was 17. My next tattoo will be something to cover over the first.
8. Before I can eat pita’s, I have to break them up into small pieces. Its practical really, easier to dip in hummus.
9. I use a designer Longchamps bag as my laundry bag. Its the most expensive thing I own, and was forced to buy it when my luggage was overweight when I moved to England. There were no other options.
10. The Brave Little Toaster is the reason I have a fear of appliances coming to life. And of Jon Lovitz.
11. The summer I turned eleven was the first time I had a cigarette.
12. I own a pocket watch.
13. I have a fetish for top hats.
14. I have been told I make an excellent walking stick by my drunk friends.
15. When eating apricots I always peel them apart first.
16. Salad dressing commercials where the food comes to life freak me out.
17. I have never listened to Led Zeppelin.
18. Until last year I have never really listened to David Bowie. Thankfully that changed and now I am quite smitten.
19. I have a strong desire to own a rotary phone.
20. When drinking vodka and cranberry juice a guaranteed statement to come out of my mouth – “Guys, I can’t taste any vodka in here.”
21. I loathe text speak and don’t deal well with acronyms. I once had to Google ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing). Haha! would suffice, you know.
22. I don’t wear lipstick.
23. I am oblivious and obvious.
24. I have amazing friends, parents who love me and a brother who blames me for ruining his life.
25. Almost always when writing I type the word like when I mean think – and vice versa.
26. The first time I saw The Godfather on a theatre sized screen, I cried during the opening scene.
27. I can’t pronounce the word comfortable.
28. I was the first to find my roommate after she attempted suicide. I rode with her in the ambulance. This happened once more. At the Kingston Psychiatric Hospital visiting her, was the first time my heart ever broke.
29. I hate oatmeal.
30. My first car was an 1986 Horizon, which I got for a kiss.
31. I have a pesticide license and with a microscope I can tell you the different kinds of mosquito larvae.
32. For my birthday one year, a boy I had a crush on brought a homemade date square to my house, months and months after I told him about the story of my Gran and how we used to make date squares together. Its still one of the nicest things anyone has done for me.
33. I always read magazines back to front.
34. I have torn my MCL four times and broke the 5th metatarsal in my foot. In all instances except one I simply fell – from standing.
35. I once stole the money my mother gave me for sunday school to buy candy.
36. My favourite numbers are 23 & 27.
37. For the most part people are colours to me.
38. Someone once wrote me a song. I have only read the lyrics, but I still hope someday to be able to hear it.
39. I don’t like sour things.
40. I got my nipple pierced by a man named “Bear” and my wrist tattoo was done by a guy named “Mr. Solid”.
41. Jeff Buckley’s “Hallelujah” always makes me tear.
42. I have never (and don’t plan too) drink coffee.
43. On the day my brother was born, I left the care of my Gran and ran to the hospital in an attempt to be with my mother. I was three and made it five blocks. My Gran chased me with a wooden spoon.
44. I once put my brother in the dryer.
45. I have had to use makeup to cover up a bruise on my face. Once, because I walked into a garbage dumpster and once because someone hit me. Wasn’t an accident.
46. Yet I still think verbal abuse is the most detrimental to ones psyche.
47. I collect pins.
48. I was 17 when I found out my dad was adopted.
49. I have had to pick up dead birds, freeze wrap them and send them away to be tested for various viruses.
50. I can develop my own photographs. Although I’d be a bit rusty now.
51. I used to play the flute and guitar, regularly.
52. I sometimes dream in black and white.
53. I believe squirrels are evil.
54. Abstract Expressionism is my favourite art movement.
55. I have started an old camera collection without even trying.
56. I enjoy painting, and often paint something with a person in mind. However, I never end up giving the finished product away because life always gets in the way.
57. My favourite words are paradox and palindrome.
58. I read The Lord of the Rings series when I was in fifth grade, but have yet to see the movies. I want to, but I’ve never had the proper screen.
59. I have had the chance to perform on the festival stage in Stratford.
60. I have cried myself sick.
61. I once set fire to my kettle, because instead of plugging it in, I put it on the stove and turned on the burner.
62. My appendix ruptured when I was nine years old. I stayed in the hospital for three weeks and became good friends with the boy in the bed next to me. I moved to Sarnia that same summer, but we used to write letters to one another for years after. He died of cancer when I was 18.
63. I have been to more funerals than weddings.
64. The first time I ever got really drunk was when I was 14, off of Rye. Surprisingly I was not sick. It is now my second drink of choice.
65. I am terrified to use the word “neat” because my dad once gave me an entire lecture on how it is a frivolous word. I was six.
66. I love to eat radishes whole.
67. One of my favourite comedy sketches is Eddie Murphy and the “Ice Cream Man”, from Delirious.
68. I am allergic to cats. This allergy grew when we got a dog and I blame one specific cat for it, entirely.
69. I have been known to grab people’s arms when I am excited.
70. I moved to Vancouver with no job, just a couch to sleep on. Twice.
71. I don’t trust easily.
72. I once burnt a batch of rice krispie squares. Its a hard thing to accomplish.
73. When my mom worked weekends, my dad used to lull my brother and I to sleep listening to George Carlin comedy albums. I educated my entire class on the “7 Words You Can’t Say on TV”.
74. One of my favourite songs is “Shine a Light” by Wolf Parade.
75. I have visited twenty four US states.
76. Yet I have only been to 3 provinces, and none of the territories… yet.
77. I have never slept through the night.
78. I get motion sickness, except in a car.
79. The Wizard of Oz is one of my favourite movies.
80. I love writing letters and sending people parcels. Even if people sometimes don’t write back, I like to think that just receiving it may have made them smile. At least I hope so.
81. I have a fear of taxidermy animals.
82. I have danced in two oceans, one bay, many lakes and one sea.
83. I was voted as having the best laugh in high school.
84. I have been a vegetarian since I was 14.
85. Sometimes I feel as though I am always waiting for somebody.
86. The first time I ever skated (when I was 3) I went on the ice with my skate guards and smacked my head on the ice. I figured skated for ten more years without any more incidents.
87. I have had my tonsils and wisdom teeth removed. I got my top wisdom teeth out with just a general freezing and drove myself home afterwards. I don’t recommend this.
88. I am the worst at attaching songs to people.
89. I have never lived anywhere without a natural body of water.
90. I am impulsive and caring, sometimes to a fault. I would get on a plane tomorrow if someone I loved asked me too.
91. I can never remember names, but faces always stick with me.
92. At least once a week someone comments on how pale I am.
93. I collect coins. Nothing like Danny Devito in Throw Mama From the Train. Mine is just a modest collection.
94. I helped to build a house in Costa Rica.
95. The Annotated Alice is one of my favourite books.
96. I have lost many hours staring into space, daydreaming.
97. I have felt pretty once, maybe twice in my life.
98. I have bright green eyes. Not just green.
99. I have laughed until my sides hurt, until there were tears and then some more.
100. I’m not as innocent as everyone thinks I am.
Well there that is. Nothing scandalous. That’s another list.
I know people hate being tagged, and this isn’t a wee task but I am going to still tag 4 others…Barbara, Strawberry Blondie, Whitenoise and Todd.
I won’t be offended if you don’t wish to partake. Hope this list was mildly interesting.